We have carried out thousands of home and business moves all over the UK, so we have taken that experience gained along the way and turned some of it into a handy checklist, to make sure your moving day goes without a hitch.
If you have any questions, or need further advice, please get in touch by scrolling to the Contact Form at the bottom of this page.
- Before you move, ask the current owner or landlord where the stopcock, thermostat, gas, electricity and water meters are so you can make sure everything that needs to be turned off is off.
- Take meter readings for gas, electricity and water at both your old and new properties – and take photos of those readings, just in case. This will ensure you avoid paying for what you haven’t used.
- Re-direct your post to make sure you don’t miss anything important while you are still updating your address. Use Royal Mail’s postal redirection service to arrange this quickly and easily for as long as you need.
- Consider keeping an essentials box separate from the rest of your packing. Being able to make a cup of tea when you arrive will help you settle into your new home or office quickly without having to hunt for the kettle!
- When you get to your new property, you might want to know what day the bins are collected, so you could leave a mini guide at your old property for the new residents or tenants with any helpful information on it .
Need a helping hand? You can arrange removals, transport, storage and packing all with one provider: TXM Removals Manchester. Our man and van teams are ready to go The Xtra Mile to meet your collection, delivery and storage requirements.